When some technical errors happen on your iPhone, and you have no solution to solve instead to reset it, you must do a factory reset. It is also the answer when you just want to sell or loan your iPhone 5. When you want to reset your device, it means you are going to wipe all your data. We are excited to tell you about how to factory reset iPhone 5 through some methods below. Please note that when you want to do the factory reset, you will wipe all things on your device.
Guide to Factory Reset iPhone 5
Our best suggestion is to connect your iPhone 5 to iTunes and create a backup. This is helpful if you do not want to lose any original data.
In this method, you are going to factory reset your iPhone 5 through Settings. Follow the steps below:
- Take your phone and tap “Settings.”
- Select General.
- At the bottom of the screen, there is a tab with the label “Reset” – select it.
- On the next screen, you can find a list of all things you can reset – it is the solution to sort out the potential issues, but your focus is on the whole kit and the caboodle. Go on and choose “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- You will see a confirmation text that you must continue. Select “Yes.”
- Wait for few minutes, and your iPhone is clean. All data is gone.
In this method, you can wipe all data in your iPhone 5 and reset it by using iTunes. Follow the steps below to start:
- Open iTunes. Connect the iPhone to your PC.
- Choose from the left menu.
- In the iTunes, press Restore Button. In this step, you can back up your data if you want to keep your valuable files.
- Choose Restore.
- Next, iTunes will download, prepare, and then restore the software on your iPhone 5.
- Browse to option “Setup as a new iPhone.”
- Enter a name for your device.
- You are done!.
In this method, you are going to reset your device by pressing the Home Button. Follow these simple steps to try:
- Press and hold the Home Button until there is a Home Screen appears. (If it does not work, power it off and turn on your device).
- Press and hold the Power button until you can find a red slider. Drag the slider.
- Hold and press the power button so you can see the Apple logo (If you do not see it, reset your handset).
Those are some methods on how to factory reset iPhone 5. Go to another page to be able to read more iPhone 5 tips.